[conspire] (forw) Re: Kernel Fest

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon May 14 19:44:02 PDT 2007

Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 19:42:50 -0700
To: "Christopher S. Jones"
Cc: installers at linuxmafia.com
Subject: Re: Kernel Fest
From: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>

Quoting Christopher S. Jones:

> Hi All,
>
> Just beginning to cut my teeth on kernel patching and building.  It
> would wonderful if I could give it a shot on my Debian laptop with an
> experienced hand nearby to hold if I need it.  Any chance of having a
> kernel fest in the near future?

Hi, Christopher.  My apologies for not responding to your earlier query
to the same effect.  I've been a bit swamped.

The event at which you're likely to get in-person help soonest is the
SVLUG installfest in Sunnyvale, which occurs regularly on the 3rd
Saturday.  Thus:

:r! cal

      May 2007
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
       1  2  3  4  5
 6  7  8  9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

...it will be on Saturday, May 19, i.e., next Saturday.  Full details
are on the http://www.svlug.org/ Web site.

CABAL's events are temporarily suspended until late June, because my
wife and I (whose house CABAL meets at) will be out of the country on
holiday.

I strongly recommend you look at document "Information" on
http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Debian .  It has a set of links called "Linux
Kernels on Debian", which include some good, simple tutorials on
compiling kernels the Debian way.

----- End forwarded message -----