[conspire] Creating Home Partition

John Andrews jla1000 at comcast.net
Wed May 2 18:08:52 PDT 2007

I want to create a Home partition on my computer. I found a good article
on how to do it. I'm going to shrink Hdb1 and create a new 10 gb free
space.The article shows it being created as a logical partition. However
when I do it using gparted the 2 choooses are primary and extended and
logical is grayed out.
Hdb1  Kanotics 17gb
Hdb2  Swap     500 mb
Hdb3  Ubuntu   20gb
  I read that logical partitions are contained within extended
partitions. Should I use primary or extended  for the free space.
  http://psychocats.net/ubuntu/separatehome Here's the article.
Can you see the picture of the create new dialog box? Should I use the
default choice of primary partition?