[conspire] Utility to rescue formatted EXT3 partition & distribution, choice?

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Tue Mar 13 22:20:09 PDT 2007

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:07:59 -0700, Edmund J. Biow wrote:

> I played with it a year or two ago without much success and it doesn't
> look like it is progressing too rapidly.  First I've got to get a low
> profile card that is compatible with Linux.  Any suggestions on that score?

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16815123001
I doubt you can find a more GNU/Linux-friendly analog card than that one.
Should go great with the excellent case you picked out.

> Unfortunately, I like my Flash movies.  I don't subscribe to cable, so
> that's about the only way I can experience a large chunk of Americana,
> the Daily Show or Colbert Report, for instance.  Please don't hate me.
> Flash 7 barely worked on Linux.  Pictures or audio sometimes didn't
> play, there were synchronization issues, occasionally flying monkeys
> were emitted by my USB ports.  Flash 9 generally works pretty well.  My
> understanding is that Gnash can play up to version 7 Flash videos (and
> some 8 & 9), but can't handle ActionScript (no YouTube).  Other free
> players top out at SWF v4.

I have not tried this yet, but clicking this link is supposed to magically
make YouTube work in Firefox without Adobe Flash:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/7175.user.js