[conspire] first post in a while

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Thu Jun 28 00:06:29 PDT 2007

Rick Moen:
> Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick at zork.net):
> > This spirited transit rider....
>
> How do you keep attracting these, Nick?
> (One notes:  http://linuxmafia.com/pub/humour/dr-sobriety)

Don't forget the guy at Dublin/Pleasanton station before we went to
Burbank.

I dunno, I think I was much more approachable when I had hair.

> I think time spent using the NYC subway in the '70s purged me of any
> "Hi!  Come and chat with me about your goofy obsessions of the moment"
> vibes -- right around the same time as I started putting a cover slip
> marked "Boring Novel" on whatever reading material I was carrying around.

I stick to headphones, these days.  The London Underground is also a
little too busy for nutcases to latch on too fast.  I think the only
types I've had conversations with are lost Australian tourists and
railfans.

--
"N'aimez pas votre voiture?                           Nick Moffitt
Alor, l'heure est arrive pour la brulé!"             nick at zork.net
        -- Mark Jaroski