[conspire] Fwd: PenLUG this week - VoIP/Asterisk with Dr Sameer Verma

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jun 25 16:16:18 PDT 2007

Quoting Bill Ward (bill at wards.net):

> Sorry, it doesn't work that way.  What one spouse says is a reflection
> on both.

Cultural traditions differ, and I respect that -- but all I can do in
this case is explain the ones that apply in both my family that was, and
my family that is:  Our marriage is an alliance of equals, and we often
but not always in good conscience back each other up, with special
attention to occasions when it really matters, and where the collective
interest of the family is at issue.  We have moral and legal obligations
to each other, and in consultation with each other _can_ speak for each
other, where appropriate.  In all other respects, we are are separate
and speak only for ourselves.

What I say and do "reflects" on Deirdre to the extent that she sometimes
must have consequence good and bad from her association with me -- but
nobody who reflects for a moment would assume that she automatically
holds a view that I expressed.  And the reverse is also true.

_However_, all of that aside, it should long ago have become abundantly
clear, even if I had not said so explicitly (which I have) that the
listadmin is the person identified as same at the bottom of
http://linuxmafia.com/mailman/listinfo/conspire (the guy I shave), and
that listadmin policy is _only_ what is explicitly proclaimed as such.

Although I have a difficult time believing anyone was actually confused
on that point, I believe and hope that the above should make matters
about as clear as is humanly possible.