[conspire] first post in a while

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Mon Jun 25 16:04:44 PDT 2007

Rick Moen <rick <at> linuxmafia.com> writes:

> Quoting Christian Einfeldt (einfeldt <at> gmail.com):
>
> > I thought that it was a little bit odd that a Microsoft employee showed up
> > last night.  It does seem as if Microsoft is trying to get closer to FOSS
> > groups these days.
>
> It's rather more likely that it was just an individual guy curious about
> what's available around the Bay Area -- and he may also be a Linux user
> himself.

He also showed up at the previous CABAL meet (in Rick's absence), at which time
he was not a Microsoft employee. He liked to run GNU/Linux in virtual machines
and was decently proficient in doing so, but still hoped for pointers on many
relatively minor issues, and to be part of the greater GNU/Linux community. The
community has room for everybody, regardless of affiliation or non-affiliation
with M$.