[conspire] Any PHP-debugging experts?

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Fri Jul 27 16:27:15 PDT 2007

On Jul 27, 2007, at 4:11 PM, Rick Moen wrote:

> Hi.  I'm new to Linux.  I have a machine with Ubuntu 7.04, Apache,
> MySQL,
> and PHP installed.  I'm trying to learn how to debug PHP with an
> IDE by
> stepping through the code.  I'm able to do this when the PHP is a
> single
> file but am having trouble when it's more complicated (code is in
> several
> files).  I've tried several IDE's (eclipse, zend, ...) and have looked
> online but I'm just not getting it.
>
> Is this something I can get help on at the installfest?

Almost nothing lets you step through everything; best you can do is
one big mega-file that tries to test a potential problem or a metric
ton of print statements (if your syntax is correct, but you're not
getting the expected results).

Same problem with many dynamic languages; at least Rails is more
helpful in development environment.

--
_Deirdre                                             http://deirdre.net