[conspire] suggestions

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jul 10 00:27:50 PDT 2007

Quoting Hector Chow (tristan2k at yahoo.com):

> Hi guys,
> I am interested in getting myself a linux pc setup and have you guys
> help me install the Linux distribution.  What do you guys recommend
> if I want to spend about $300-400 for a box. For example, what
> components are recommended: suggested video card, soundcard, etc.  I
> am thinking of installing either Debian or Ubuntu.

Hector, you should consider coming to the CABAL weekend and ask some of
our more seasoned hardware buyers, including Bruce and Daniel.  It's
this coming Saturday, 4 PM to midnight.

(I'm CCing the CABAL mailing list, which if you wish you can join at
http://linuxmafia.com/mailman/listinfo/conspire .)