[conspire] Cisco puts Atheros/madwifi device producers out of their misery

Adrien Lamothe a_lamothe at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 13:06:11 PDT 2007

I believe Cisco works closely with Microsoft (or at least did a few years ago.)

This is the kind of scenario I've been expecting. We'll see more of this in the future.

Daniel Gimpelevich <daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote: http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS9075126639.html

This means that, in the future, no Atheros-based device will be eligible for FCC
approval, because Atheros imposes no hardware-based security measures.