[conspire] WHOIS script

Ben Okopnik ben at linuxgazette.net
Tue Jul 3 12:41:17 PDT 2007

[ Original message bounced due to subject; resending ]

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 07:24:50AM +0100, Nick Moffitt wrote:
> Rick Moen:
> > OK, I've worked around the annoyance, by splitting the domains list
> > into two files -- everything else, and .org domains -- and then using
> > a domain-check.slow variant of your script (with "sleep 20;" after the
> > whois call) to process the latter list.
>
> It might be best to add the delay to the main script with a switch, so
> that you could do "domain-check -s 20 domains.org" and "domain-check
> domains.everything-else".

Actually, I've already written a routine for it that automates the
process: the first time the script sees a ".org" domain, it starts a
20-second clock. If another ".org" shows up within that interval, the
script will sleep the remainder of the interval - and restart the clock.
Rick should be receiving the new version (1.6) in his mailbox right
about now.

--
* Ben Okopnik * Editor-in-Chief, Linux Gazette * http://LinuxGazette.NET *