[conspire] Another nail in the C-R coffin

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jan 15 19:26:38 PST 2007

I've always maintained that it's important to protect people's right to
deploy "challenge-response" e-mail systems -- so that the rest of us can
identify them as idiots and globally killfile them and their mailbots.

"Challenge-Response Filtering" on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Mail/ has a
modest list of procmail recipes for that purpose, though obviously I
need to submit one for Zerospam's X-Mailer header, or start my own
collection of such.

"Challenge-Response" on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Mail/ (Karsten Self's
essay) summarises the main reasons why C-R is a dumb and actively
harmful move.

----- Forwarded message from Dale Allan <dale at cybercat.co.za> -----