[conspire] Darwinppc -801.cdr.gz

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jan 4 16:55:39 PST 2007

Quoting John Andrews (jla1200 at netzero.net):

> I downloaded this Darwin image at the Apple/Darwin Open Source web site.
> It 's supposed to be an iso. type image but K3b says it can't burn it to a
> cd.Wrong type!!  I read something about a .cdr being a Corel Drawing image .
> That doesn't make sense. How do you get the correct image to burn.

Searching online suggests that the filename is "darwinppc-801.cdr.gz",
not "Darwinppc -801.cdr.gz".

The "gz" indicates that this is a gzipped compressed archive.  You will
want to run gunzip on it, before burning the resulting original image.

By the way, I personally never found Darwin all the useful or
interesting (although admittedly it's been a long time).  If you're
looking to run a BSD on PowerPC, in my view, you're much better off
using FreeBSD or NetBSD (or one of the "desktop" offshoots of those
things).

On the other hand, if you're just curious, then good for you.

--
Cheers,      "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first
Rick Moen     woman she meets, and then teams up with three complete strangers