[conspire] PenLUG this week - Gumstix - Thursday Feb 22

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 15:24:01 PST 2007

Deirdre - are there any documents you can cite regarding this
particular corner of the "netiquette" universe?

Also, instead of "just dont", what would be your recommendation for
how someone can send _one_ message to a variety of lists?  Should all
the lists be in the "To:" field?  Is that the issue - CC vs. TO?   Or,
are you somehow expectant that senders will manually repeat their
sending process for each individual list, even though their email
software accomodates sending to multiple lists simultaneously?

I've had my hand slapped by the "cross-list-posting police" before,
and have to admit to a certain urge to burn down their virtual police
station, since they didn't give me as-easy or easier alternatives that
gave me the same results.

Thanks,
-Paul