[conspire] LUG: New non-profit, community colo open in San Francisco

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Feb 14 17:17:14 PST 2007

Quoting Daniel Gimpelevich (danielg4 at mac.com):

> A less gag-inducing method of letting people know about this
> opportunity would have been to put up a web page about it, and register
> it with all the search engines, AND THEN DO NOTHING EXCEPT WAIT.

I plead _some_ indulgence on Ian's behalf, expecting and hoping that
this is an exceptional situation.  California Colo was a much-respected
local non-profit venture, and its sudden collapse left many worthwhile
hosted projects in the lurch.  SFCCP probably needs to get the word out
quickly, to be successful.  And this is (one hopes) a one-time
situation.

Behind the scenes, as mail admin for some Bay Area groups, I saw Ian
very politely ask if/where/how he should post.  (Of course, you wouldn't
have seen that.)

If this sort of thing happened repeatedly, it'd definitely be a problem,
but I'd cut Ian slack on this one time.