[conspire] a problem

bruce coston jane_ikari at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 20:21:53 PST 2007

after attempting a backup of data on my fat32 and local linux partitions and power cycling after shitdown said "power down", it never finishes shutdown itself, I can't reboot the MEPIS 601 installed from DVD. Writing from a boot of the live DVD , I've got the message "
called
mount -text3 onauto,users,exec /dev/hda12 /mnt/hda12

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock
on /dev/hda12

missing codepage or other error

in some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmesg | tail or so

WHICH GETS me

...hda12: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional...ide failed opcode was unknown

This is the partition that my users use. hope this is enough info to basically debug it all, and I hope yesterdays backup worked.