[conspire] Anybody know if its okay to tell these guys my google password ?

Heather Stern star at starshine.org
Thu Feb 8 08:22:58 PST 2007

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 02:27:21AM -0800, bruce coston wrote:

> Anybody know if its safe to tell these guys a google
> password ?
> http://alfin2100.blogspot.com/2007/02/idiocracy-creeps-up-on-unsuspecting.html
> It occurs to me someone talking about idocy might
> wanna use commenting as a password collector for some
> nefarious purpose. Are they google under some guise I
> don't know about or does their asking for my google
> password merit concern etc.?

Never give your password to anyone that you wouldn't trust to play Yourself
when the chips hit the fan.

If it's google under some guise and they've any useful priv, they should
never need your password anyway; they should use their own backend admin
interfaces.

If it's just some person out there and they aren't a close enough friend,
such that you need to ask, the answer is obviously no, don't give them your
password :)

-* Heather
As in certain cults it is possible to kill a process if you know its true name.
		-- Ken Thompson and Dennis M. Ritchie