[conspire] Fwd: The results of your email commands

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Dec 11 11:30:34 PST 2007

Quoting Bruce Coston (jane_ikari at yahoo.com):

> either svlug 's equipment deteriorated to totally unacceptable levels
> of "operation" or Mr. Reiber prevaricates about "muzzling" posters he
> personally disagrees with. Amazing how often things Paul obviously
> accidently sent to me vs the svlug list bounce there after I send them
> on ! I hope it isn't attempting to intimidate me .

In this case, the problem was that you addressed your message to one of
Mailman's command-processing addresses, svlug-request at lists.svlug.org,
which attempted to process it as commands and found no valid Mailman
directives.  I believe you meant to send your post to svlug at lists.svlug.org.

However, there was unannounced and unexplained Mailman downtime
approximating one day, I noticed.  At around the same time, Reiber was
fooling around with creating mailing lists (you can tell by the
punctuation errors).  Mailman fallover might be coincidence, might not.

The machine's condition is quite manageable (Heather's opinion
notwithstanding), but everyone qualified to deal with it has gotten
driven away.