[conspire] [svlug] PhotoShop like program

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Dec 2 03:03:07 PST 2007

Hi, Skip.  I've elected to answer you on CABAL's mailing list rather
than SVLUG's.

Quoting Skip Evans (skip at bigskypenguin.com):

> In an issue of either Linux Mag or Journal a while
> back I read an article about a graphic design
> program for Linux (or an open source free program
> that perhaps compiles across platforms) that is
> maintained by one guy and is out to rival
> PhotoShop, but I can't locate it anywhere, and I'm
> not big on keeping mags around because they pile
> up too fast, given the number of them I subscribe too.
>
> Anyone know which one I'm talking about?

Sounds like Pixel Image Editor (proprietary).  You may want to look for
that and futher options in file "Graphics" on
http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Apps/ , which is where I collect such
information.