[conspire] which box for: low end, low noise, low profile?

Paul Collins paul at briny.ondioline.org
Wed Aug 15 02:14:04 PDT 2007

Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org> writes:

> Another option for a low-power Linux box is the
> Linksys NSLU2 "slug" -- an ARM-based appliance that
> you can hook up a USB drive to and run Debian on.
>   http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/

I have one of these.  It makes a slow but servicable NFS server.  They
seem to still turn up underclocked[1], so if you are thinking of geting
one, be prepared.  The procedure is not at all difficult (I used a pair
of tweezers), and I'm about 50% thumbs when it comes to hardware.

        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/OverClockTheSlug

--
Paul Collins
Wellington, New Zealand

Dag vijandelijk luchtschip de huismeester is dood