[conspire] Rivrebed Technology is looking for Linux Admin for SFO office

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Aug 6 14:42:11 PDT 2007

Quoting Jagruti Shah (arminaj at yahoo.com):

>   Unix System Administrator
[...]

As a reminder, it says right on the listadmin page[1], which Jagruti was
staring at when he joined:

   While we appreciate the need for jobs postings, they easily overwhelm
   this small mailing list: So, you must submit them via e-mail to the
   listadmin, who'll decide whether to post them on your behalf. Reasons
   why the answer has been "no" in the past have included their having
   already been posted to other local LUG mailing lists. (We get tired of
   seeing the same posts everywhere.)

This having been a recurring problem for a long time with (many other)
recruiters, I'm regretfully putting a "moderate" flag on on Jagruti's
membership, just so that additional "Oh, I forgot" jobs adverts aren't a
problem.  No filtering of Jagruti's mail for any _other_ reason will
occur; I don't do "listmom" crud -- nor take listadmin measures behind
closed doors.

Jagruti also attempted a posting _and_ subscription request to the
private linuxcare-alumni mailing list, which is explicitly for former
Linuxcare, Inc. employees only.  I guess this, at the very top of that
list's listadmin page[2], must have been difficult for him to read and
comprehend, too:

    Discussion list for current and former employees of Linuxcare,
    Inc.(R), only.

Somehow reminds me of:
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/lexicon.html#tactical-stupidity

(The name of the hiring firm is _Riverbed_ Technology, by the way.)