[conspire] which box for: low end, low noise, low profile?

Eric De Mund ead-conspire at ixian.com
Fri Aug 3 16:30:20 PDT 2007

All,

Rather than sign up with one of these online storage sites so as to be
able to back up my files and be able to share (via http or anonymous
ftp) the occasional large file (under 100 MB) with off-site friends/
colleagues/clients, I'm contemplating setting up a very small, very low
end linux box.

What kind of very small footprint, low profile, low noise, low end box
(case, motherboard, and CPU) do you all recommend? I'd be perfectly
happy with 200 MHz processor with passive cooling (in fact I'd prefer
passive cooling), a 40 GB hard disk drive, and a 3 cm. tall case.

Ideas? I haven't decided if I'd like this box to have a CD/DVD burner,
too.

Many thanks,
Eric
--
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that
we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic

Eric De Mund              |      Ixian Systems      |
email: <ead at ixian.com>    | 650 Castro St, #120-210 | ICQ: 811788
http://www.ixian.com/ead/ | Mountain View, CA 94041 | Y!M: ead0002