[conspire] imac Firewire Enclosure

John Andrews jla1200 at netzero.net
Sun Sep 24 21:47:10 PDT 2006

I was trying to install  ppc Ubuntu on the external FW drive enclosure
last meeting. Very good food by the way. Thanks to everyone who
contributed to that effort.We had no luck getting the drive to be
recognized by Mac Os 9.1.even with some expert help.  However after I
upgraded to Os 9.2.2 the drive came right up on the desktop and was
recognized in both FW and Usb1 modes.I also initialized it in about 5
seconds. Now my question is will the ppc installer recognize and give me
the option to install to that external drive? Should I partition it
beforehand? How should I partition it to accept about 6 different
distros and  boot sectors , plus the rest  for lets say mp3 files. Is it
possible to boot that that many without getting screwed up? Would grub
do it?