[conspire] Fc5 Netzero

John Andrews jla1200 at netzero.net
Sun Sep 10 12:52:27 PDT 2006

 I'm trying to set up Netzero on Fc5 .Now when I click the NZ icon I just get
an error box saying Kdeinit can not launch gksudo/opt/nzclient/runclient.sh.
Could not find executable. What is that trick Daniel used just copying the
old Nzclient over from Kubuntu into the /opt directory? Don't you have to
"install" it using .deb or convert it using alien to .rpm.
	I also checked /etc/group and /etc/group- and there is no dialout group.
If you ls -l /dev/ttyS0  in Kubuntu you get  crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 4, 64
somemore stuff. So is Fc5 supposed to have a dialout group?
	I 'm not sure about connecting with kppp. What info do you need to know?
Phone #, user name and password plus pap or chap etc.. I don't think NZ wants
you to connect without their runclient . They don't supply any advice for
linux.
	Plus I don't have permissions to mount any media/ disks except floppy.Isn't
there a GUI way to change permissions using the control center?