[conspire] (Arguably offtopic) Become a Red Cross volunteer, suffer identity theft

David E. Fox dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com
Tue Oct 31 19:36:23 PST 2006

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:19:29 -0800

> creditworthiness rating for half a year.[1]  So, not only is this a
> gross invasion of privacy, but also it could literally cost you a _lot_
> of money, if, e.g., you were applying for a car loan or mortgage during
> the covered period.

Yep. A hard pull certainly can affect your overall score negatively.
This is an interesting post at least for me since I am in the
collections/credit industry.

This is over the top. Once I heard tell of a church doing likewise,
ostensibly in order to gauge their members' creditworthiness.

dfox at tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.