[conspire] MP3 players

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Nov 29 21:55:51 PST 2006

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 04:52:07PM -0800, Edmund J. Biow wrote:
> http://www.salescircular.com/ca/audio/mp3plp.shtml

> I've got the $40 Office Despot Sansa (or rather, an older 512 MB
> version).  It works well, but for some reason and I can manipulate the
> files from Linux, but for some reason it doesn't order the songs in the
> correct alpha-numeric sequence, maybe mine is screwed up?

I think this is the one I was looking at a few days ago on-line.

So you just access it like a USB drive -- rsync or whatever to copy

But the sorting isn't working correctly with yours?  And you have ID3
tags on your files?

    Sophisticated music library sorting lets you browse the music in your player by artist,
    album, song title, genre, year, playlist, and other useful criteria.

Thanks for the help -- and from everyone else, too!

I remember years back (way back - before Walkmans existed even) that I
thought it would be cool to have a personal stereo for skiing.  A
friend took a "portable" cassette player and cut it in half with a band
saw and we hooked it up to a small home made amp and stuck in in a
back pack with a bunch of C batteries.  Sounded like crap IIRC.

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org