[conspire] MP3 players

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Nov 29 21:55:51 PST 2006

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 04:52:07PM -0800, Edmund J. Biow wrote:
> http://www.salescircular.com/ca/audio/mp3plp.shtml

Nice.

> I've got the $40 Office Despot Sansa (or rather, an older 512 MB
> version).  It works well, but for some reason and I can manipulate the
> files from Linux, but for some reason it doesn't order the songs in the
> correct alpha-numeric sequence, maybe mine is screwed up?

I think this is the one I was looking at a few days ago on-line.

So you just access it like a USB drive -- rsync or whatever to copy
files?

But the sorting isn't working correctly with yours?  And you have ID3
tags on your files?

http://www.sandisk.com/Assets/File/pdf/retail/Sansa_ug_Eng_m200.pdf

    Sophisticated music library sorting lets you browse the music in your player by artist,
    album, song title, genre, year, playlist, and other useful criteria.

Thanks for the help -- and from everyone else, too!

I remember years back (way back - before Walkmans existed even) that I
thought it would be cool to have a personal stereo for skiing.  A
friend took a "portable" cassette player and cut it in half with a band
saw and we hooked it up to a small home made amp and stuck in in a
back pack with a bunch of C batteries.  Sounded like crap IIRC.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org