[conspire] Debian-Multimedia key

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Nov 28 23:50:16 PST 2006

Quoting John Andrews (jla1000 at comcast.net):

> I'm trying to find a key for the debian-mulitimedia etch main repo. I

http://www.debian-multimedia.org/faq.htm says:

  To import my key from a GPG server (needed for all case) :
  gpg --keyserver hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-keys 1F41B907

  With apt-get >= 0.6 do the following (sudo is needed) :
  gpg --armor --export 1F41B907 | sudo apt-key add -

  With su (Thanks to Michael Gilbert) :

  gpg --armor --export 1F41B907 > debian-multimedia.key
  su -c "apt-key add debian-multimedia.key"

  If you don't use sudo, do the following under root :
  gpg --armor --export 1F41B907 | apt-key add -

> jla at jla-desktop:~/.gnupg$   gpg --keyserver pgpkeys.mit.edu --recv-key
> 2D230C5F gpg: requesting key 2D230C5F from hkp server pgpkeys.mit.edu
> gpg: /home/jla/.gnupg/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created
> gpg: key 2D230C5F: public key "Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key
> (2006) <ftpmaster at debian.org>" imported

That's the current signing key for packages from Debian itself.  You
need the one from Christian Marillat's Debian-Multimedia repository,
whose packages are maintained separately from Debian proper.

--
Cheers,             "Don't use Outlook.  Outlook is really just a security
Rick Moen            hole with a small e-mail client attached to it."