[conspire] Talk Me out of it Guys

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Nov 21 17:29:17 PST 2006

Quoting Bruce Coston (jane_ikari at yahoo.com):

> The pre - black friday stuff is out and a dell inspiron b130 for 500
> us ; w 1g ram and 15.4" , wireless, dvd burner free shipping plus
> printer 1.6 g celeron cpu but I care more for ram .

Damned good price, I would think.  There are four entries at the Linux
on Laptops pages (http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/dell.html), and people
seem to have generally good luck with it -- except the poor sod trying
to get Fedora Core 4 going (in, yes, 2006).

> Dell has lousy keyboards despite the reviews I saw saying good enough
> keyboard and the MEPIS site shows how to get the 1280x800 from it .

Yes, http://www.geocities.com/stomljen/download.html has the
915resolution utility ("Intel 800/900 Series VBIOS Hack").

I would think that 1280x1024 resolution, which _is_ natively supported in
the video BIOS, would be better -- but what do I know?  (I deliberately
stick to 1024x768.)