[conspire] esteemed printers?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Nov 17 10:56:42 PST 2006

Quoting Don Marti (dmarti at zgp.org):

> If I were going to print lots of B&W, I would go to a place like Fast
> Copier/Printer Service of Mountain View and get a reconditioned HP
> office printer.

I need to drive by there (somewhere on Old Middlefield, Mountain View)
and see if Reggie's still in business.  I tried once to re-find the
place, and it seemed to be not there, but might not have looked in the
right business centre.

If the place still exists, it gets a high, high recommendation from me.
Reggie reconditioned my old HP LaserJet III, making it work beautifully
again -- and also sold me a PostScript cartridge for it for very little
money.

> More of a power hog, but you get a lot better price per page when you
> buy your toner in the big cartridges.

Very true.  That's one reason why I kept my LJ III so long.  Bruce
eventually got it just before our move, because it was taking up too
much room, and I was using it very seldom.

It should be noted that models after the LJ III were still power hogs,
but unlike the III go into power-saving standby modes.