[conspire] Novell and Microsoft Agree to Sell Each Others Products: Bad News for Novell?

Adrien Lamothe a_lamothe at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 09:50:20 PST 2006

Thanks for the article, Mark. Saves me the trouble of getting the magazine.

Novell has apparently just layed off a significant number of people, including 20 or so the day before the partnership was announced. Novell is also in trouble with their creditors and the SEC. You can read about this here:

I think the go-to guys for Linux are going to be:  Stallman, Moglen, Lessig, FSF, EFF, Mark Shuttleworth, Ubuntu, Canonical and lots of white box vendors.

Right now, IBM/OSDL and HP are sitting on the fence, making their profits from Linux. They better get their strategy in order, because Microsoft is coming to get them. If they fumble and Linus gets dragged down with them, then it will be time to fork the kernel (using GPL v3.)

- Adrien

Sponsored Link