[conspire] (forw) CentOS ATAPI CD and SCSI driver issue

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Nov 6 15:00:29 PST 2006

----- Forwarded message from wood eddie <ewood111 at yahoo.com> -----

Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 12:29:44 -0800 (PST)
From: wood eddie <ewood111 at yahoo.com>
To: installers at linuxmafia.com
Subject: Nov 11 CABAL 4pm at Menlo Park(Linux install Fest)

Hi Rick/fellow installers:

Thanks for help with GX-520 last Dec. Now am trying to
install CentOS 4.4 on older PC with FIC motherboard,
AMD Duron 1GHz cpu, Buslogic BT-956C adapter, 2
internal SCSI disks + SCSI cdrom.

Final goal is to install additional components such as
Apache server, Tomcat/DBs for development/testing use.

Downloaded CentOS-4.4.ServerCD-i386.iso file,
apparently SCSI cdrom is not detected during boot.
Next, install IDE cdrom drive, then detected ISO boot
image, found 3Com NIC driver, however did not seem to
detect SCSI adapter, complains no hard disk available
to install.

Tried download CentOS-4.4-i386-bin1of4 CD ISO image,
upon booting have message saying CentOS-4 i386 CD was
not found in CDROM drives. Any ideas ?  Should I bring
PC and ISO CDs to this Sat's Menlo Park install fest
and see if can get help with this ?

Thanks, Eddie