[conspire] running ifconfig - getting errors and collisions

Andrew Porter app at jedp.com
Mon May 29 16:26:27 PDT 2006

I have a symantec firewall/router, VPN-100, and cable,
and some months ago it started dropping the connection
extremely frequently.  Nosing around in google searchs,
the likeliest explanation seemed to be malformed packets
trying to break into the Symantec box.  A few weeks later,
the problem went away; my conjecture is that the malformed
packets were filtered out upstream (at comcast, which is
my wire to the world).  Conjecture untested.  And assumption
that malformed packets were malicious also untested.

I found and downloaded from the Net the proposed upgrade
to the Symantec firmware, but couldn't figure out how to =
upload it from my computer to the Symantec box.  So I still
have old firmware.

- Andrew Porter, app at jedp.com
Livermore, CA