[conspire] help moving

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon May 1 15:48:21 PDT 2006

Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick at zork.net):

> Just when I've rid our little 1br of enough of my
> unnecessary belongings to make it comfortable, we are now getting ready
> to move to London.

Lucky you.  That's one of my favourite places on earth to live.  (I
spent a summer living in Trinity Church Square, Southwark, London SE1,
about 1/2 mile south of the Thames.)

> You're moving only a short distance, so books are among the ideal items
> for the move: easy to pack neatly, and easy to reshelve on the other
> side.  We've had to get rid of an incredible number of books for weight
> and space reasons, and were kind of alarmed at how much they were worth
> on the used market.

Yes, Deirdre and I ended up getting rid of maybe half of all the
household's books.  We probably would have disposed of more, the last
couple of weeks, but Cheryl stepped in and boxed them all up.  I owe
both of them a debt of gratitude for the preparation work -- and I know
that selling massive quantities of gear while also holding down a
full-time developer job isn't easy.

> Best of luck in your move.

Thank you, sir.  And you.