[conspire] Cobalt Qube2 revival

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Sun Mar 12 01:51:46 PST 2006

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 13:10:14 -0800, Rick Moen wrote:

> o  Exotic, anemic CPU:  250MHz little-endian MIPS5000-family (Quantum
>    Effects model QM5231), versus 275Mhz StrongArm in the NetWinder.

Debian wants to drop support for architectures that can't get at least 50
users to tell them not to. I don't know what use getting counted is after
an arch hits that magic number, and apparently others don't either, since
more people have been counted for m68k than for PowerPC. It would be a
shame if they drop support for the Qube this close to the threshold. The
mipsel port needs only two more registered users to make it! Are you one
of them? If you have overlooked this, the URL is:

http://buildd.net/cgi/archvote.phtml

PS-Yes, I can see how dire the prospects are for ARM. Gentoo on ARM is
already effectively dead for unrelated reasons, so Debian was its last,
best Linux hope...