[conspire] Daniel G - can't boot iMac after pushing power button instead of button for cd-rom tray

Darlene Wallach wallachd at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 10 11:45:35 PST 2006

Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 22:50:35 -0800, Darlene Wallach wrote:
>

>>I can't get to a virtual console - ctrl-alt-F8, ctrl-alt-F2
>>do not get me to a console with a login prompt. I get either
>>a blank screen
>>ctrl-alt-F8 gets me to a console with the messages from booting
>>stopping/halting at
>>* Configuring network interfaces... [ok]
>>ctrl-alt-F1 takes me to the console with the insmod messages.
>>ctrl-alt-F2 takes me to a blank console
>

> Have you tried just sitting there and waiting a few minutes to see whether
> it moves on from there?

It is still the same after an hour on all consoles.

Darlene
--
World Centric Fair Trade & Eco Store
http://www.worldcentric.org/store/
We have created and live in a world of gross social
and economic inequalities[1] and are at the same
time severely impacting[2] the natural eco-systems
and regenerating bio-capacity of the planet. Our
every action has an impact on the well-being of our
planet and our everyday decisions[3] can help create
a better world for all. In keeping with this fact
and our vision, the World Centric Fair Trade/Eco
Online Store provides everyday consumption choices,
which can help minimize social & economic
inequalities, reduce the impact of our consumption
on the environment and help create a better and
sustainable world.

[1] http://www.worldcentric.org/stateworld/socialjustice.htm
[2] http://www.worldcentric.org/stateworld/environment.htm
[3] http://www.worldcentric.org/sustain/index.htm