[conspire] Open source initiative to give people more control over their personal online information

Adrien Lamothe a_lamothe at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 2 16:56:27 PST 2006

Mark Weisler <mark.weisler at comcast.net> wrote:Interesting indeed. I've been following the identity management ordeal for
some time, this looks more promising than some past efforts I've seen.

You may have noticed that Sun Microsystems and Microsoft are now
working together on that problem domain. Gee, I wonder what the
catalyst is for that alliance? The IBM/Novell/et. al. effort promises
transparency, which is good. Some would argue that the transparency
afforded by open-source solutions compromises security, but so far
the evidence is to the contrary.

Cheers,

Adrien