[conspire] Next CABAL: mini-tutorial on GPG
mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us
Tue Jun 20 09:39:51 PDT 2006
A couple of people have recently expressed an interest in learning about
GPG so I have volunteered to do a short mini-tutorial on GPG at the next
CABAL to be held on Saturday, June 25th. The mini-tutorial will start at
5PM and an interested party would need only bring a computer.
The goal is to get someone new to GPG acquainted with it and be able to
use its basic functions.
We will cover:
* theory of GPG encryption
* reasons for using
* how to use including
- encrypting files
- encrypting and signing mail
* how to improve personal privacy and security
* the Web of Trust and an initial key signing
* pointers to more help and reading.
* use of GPG via command line instructions and graphical user interface
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 191 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the conspire