[conspire] the ongoing saga of problems getting dsl working

freepalestin at dslextreme.com freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Wed Jun 14 23:58:00 PDT 2006

On Monday morning I successfully got an IP so I kept everything connected
including my browser when I left my house in the early morning. When I
returned home late Monday night, I no longer had an IP. I called DSL
Extreme tech support. They temporarily tried giving me a static IP to see
if that would work. I could not get an IP even though I had a static IP
assigned to my PC. I also could not get an IP on my iMac.

Tonight I tried to get an IP on both my PC and my iMac. I got an IP on my
iMac, on which I have Ubuntu installed. On my PC I have Fedora Core 3.

It has been suggested that I try a different modem. Someone from DSL
Extreme on a previous call had suggested my NIC might be bad.

DSL Extreme wants me to try hooking another computer with Windows installed.

Is there something I can run on my PC to check the NIC and whether it is
working correctly?

Is there another list I should post this to?

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thank you,

Darlene Wallach