[conspire] Another DNS trick: Making domains go away

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Mon Jun 12 13:11:56 PDT 2006

Rick Moen:
> Quoting Daniel Gimpelevich (daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us):
> > Not sure what "blackhoing" is...
>
> Much as I'd like to answer this with a suitably facetious answer, I'm
> going to be disappointingly serious and say "typographical error;
> should be blackholing".

I'm going to take a baby step out onto a very thick and sturdy limb here
and guess that this unsent facetious answer would have conjured up
memories of Don Marti's old "Realtime Backhoe Project", where the sites
coinciding with the backbone links to spam-friendly ISPs would be chosen
as locations in which to practice the careful use and operation of heavy
vehicles used for soil cultivation and industrial construction.

--
The insipid neologism "blog" appears to mean little more        Nick Moffitt
than a Web site that *actually* gets updated, as opposed  nick at teh.entar.net