[conspire] application installation

Peter Knaggs peter.knaggs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 09:45:06 PDT 2006

On 7/24/06, jose tav <josetav at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls,
> Please some body can tell me how to install:
> install_flash_player_7_Linux.tar.gz, sitting on my /Desktop/, and for that
> matter any application.

Hi Jose,

   To install any application, you can
   use "synaptic" (or you can look for
   synaptic under the menus.

   On your Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06 LTS, we
   did already install manually the flash
   player, so you don't need to do that again.
   Remember we tested it worked OK, by going
   to video.google.com and seeing that it
   could play the video?

   But usually better is to download the
   video to your hard drive then use "vlc"