[conspire] Transition from job policy to membership quality, SF-LUG

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Wed Jul 12 22:45:19 PDT 2006

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:00:34 -0700, Rick Moen wrote:

> Linux long ago reached
> the point where any minimally curious person can find out about it with
> just about zero expense and trouble, ...

There is still one thorny little prerequisite that we take for granted
which is unfortunately still quite a hurdle for way too many people: a
computer. Linux evangelism still has a role in niches like that, and they
are not the last frontiers, but rather sites for permanent outposts of
further Linux evangelism to echo back into the general user population the
idea that nobody is really obligated to be locked in to
obvious/default/popular solutions.

Not every Linux user/enthusiast/developer has what it takes to be a Linux
evangelist, but anybody who would like to be one should be allowed to try.