[conspire] Fwd: Re: [sf-lug] Looking for a Senior MySQL administrator in San Francisco

jim stockford jim at well.com
Wed Jul 12 10:43:38 PDT 2006

    come on, Rick. Sure I've read, re-read, and payed
attention to your suggestions, which I take seriously.
Of course we have a default policy--anything goes.
    I am not the group leader. I help out, as you do, by
providing resources and time and effort. If the group
coalesces on some point of view, the group will have
determined a policy. I don't want to provoke such
discussions, as I'm afraid they would dilute other more
interesting technically-focused discussions and,
judging by our little community's history, may risk
unsubscriptions.
    So far a few people have expressed a wish to
proscribe against and a few people have expressed
a wish to allow and most of the membership is silent
with respect to job postings (I like 'em, and I like the
rants of the objectors, which I find most educational).
As we have not clearly weighed in one way or
another, anything goes.