[conspire] Fwd: Re: [sf-lug] Looking for a Senior MySQL administrator in San Francisco

jim stockford jim at well.com
Tue Jul 11 14:39:05 PDT 2006

    perfectly okay, your remarks are very welcome.
1. AMEN and a half!
2. doesn't seem a need yet; if the group survives and
grows, probably all of your advice will take hold.

    you didn't mention paying for the machines, domain
names, IP addresses, going to meetings faithfully, etc.
    I guess I mean "nominal leaders", as I certainly do
some stuff and the validity of the group derives from
the contributors, so we do have leaders via action,
but it seems most welcoming to claim no leadership
and thus be inviting as possible to all to lead as they
may be inclined. Kind of a wiki spirit, yes?
    Thanks for the thought and the support.