[conspire] Fwd: Re: [sf-lug] Looking for a Senior MySQL administrator in San Francisco

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jul 10 22:05:40 PDT 2006

Quoting Adrien Lamothe (alamozzz at yahoo.com):

> I'm cross-posting this, from the SF LUG mailing list. Some people here
> undoubtedly can appreciate this. Apparently the guy didn't ask prior
> permission to post his message, instead he "hopes it is O.K. to post
> job messages" to the list.

After the first "I hope it's OK to post job messages" post to sf-lug, I
urged the group to have a specific jobs policy.  (In addition to that,
separately from it, I urged that jobs offerers be politely directed to
the myriads of appropriate dedicated jobs forums, such as mailing lists
for that purpose operated by SVLUG, BayLISA, and BAFUG.)  I pointed to
the explicit policies on the main SVLUG and CABAL mailing lists, as
possible models.  Unfortunately, they declined to take any action.

I'm not part of the leadership of that group:  I just furnish a home for
their mailing list.

And yes, I think your critique was extremely well founded.