[conspire] Att Yahoo Dsl

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jul 6 19:31:26 PDT 2006

Quoting john andrews (jla1200 at netzero.net):

> Can the Dsl service from Att Yahoo work with Linux? I would have to use
> it without the Yahoo software which normally comes with it. Could I have
> it on 2 different computers? An imac os 9.1 which would have to run the
> Yahoo software and also on a Kanotix. Would the connection using the
> same userid and password and be allowed on 2 different machines?

I note Daniel's answer to your question.  I'll just add that the reason
you're having to comb the Internet and appeal to the Linux user
community for even _scraps_ of information on the subject is that AT&T
(ex-SBC, ex-Southwest Bell, ex-Pacific Bell) is completely hopeless,
clueless, and presumably hostile to technical users seeking meaningful
information, and provides only feeble, basically useless pages like these:
http://promo.sbcglobal.net/sbcyahoodsl/faq.html

Personally, I draw from that the conclusion that I shouldn't do business
with such firms, but you're obviously seeking bottom dollar and will
have to judge for yourself.