[conspire] Netzero/Breezy Badger

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Thu Jan 12 12:28:54 PST 2006

Yes, that is the correct path. I find it strange that you're asking me
what "cannot stat ./root/Desktop/Netzero Internet" means, since the
transcript you have provided does not include that error message at all.
If you in fact did get that message, it is because the file is called
"NetZero Internet" and not "Netzero Internet" on your disk. The different
errors that appear in your transcript are due to the fact that you told cp
to copy two separate files, with "./root/Desktop/Netzero" and "Internet"
for names, and neither one exists. When specifying filenames in a shell,
you must use a backslash wherever the next character would be intercepted
by the shell, for example:

sudo cp /root/Desktop/NetZero\ Internet ~/Desktop

but:

sudo cp "/root/Desktop/NetZero Internet" ~/Desktop

In the second example, none of the characters between the quotes are
intercepted, so no backslash is used. If you find yourself needing to
use a backslash in front of the $ character within double quotes, use
single quotes instead.