[conspire] HELP - Can't Get Ethernet Card Working in Debian on Laptop - SUCCESS!

Mark Srebnik msrebnik at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 19 19:02:44 PST 2006

Daniel,

Great news!

All is good now, just did apt-get update, etc and it works, files are
downloading OK now!!

After trying your suggestions, doing more research online and in some Linux
books, I finally decided that it might be best to try and re-install Debian.

Booted linux with acpi=off this time and voila! install went well and I saw
that my ethernet card was recognized this time.

THANK YOU again, Daniel, for all your help. It is greatly appreciated!

Really helps to have assistance when you're dealing with a very frustrating
situation....

Onward and upward....

Mark

on 2/19/06 1:19 PM, Daniel Gimpelevich at