[conspire] Squid and ACL's - Need Guidance

Alan ajd at adavies.net
Fri Feb 10 16:06:44 PST 2006

When in doubt ask for help . . . I've researched Squid to the point I
thought I was confident in being able to make changes to the
/etc/squid/squid.conf file and using acl's to block a list of websites.
I've tried a few things as you can see below without any success.  Is
there something else in squid.conf that I need to change (all the
articles I read didn't seem to indicate it).  I appreciate it if someone
could spell out what I'm not doing right so I can get Squid to block
these sites.

# Insert your own rules here.
acl sitexxxcom dstdomain sitexxx.com
http_access deny sitexxxcom
http_access allow all
#acl porn url_regex /usr/local/squid/etc/porn
#acl noporn url_regex /usr/local/squid/etc/noporn
#http_access deny porn !noporn

#acl PornSites dstdomain /usr/local/squid/etc/pornlist
#http_access deny PornSites
#http_access allow all
http_reply_access allow all