[conspire] Free books and stuff

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Feb 9 21:39:55 PST 2006

Quoting Dire Red (deirdre at deirdre.net):

> As y'all know, we're moving, so we've gone through our technical
> books and stuff.
>
> We're giving away the following at the next Cabal meeting on Saturday:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/muhe-e/sets/72057594062048521/

(Attention, John Regan!  If you want that paperbound manual for Xandros
Desktop OS 3.0, you should come by Saturday, because it's in one of
those give-away-or-discard piles.)

The "stuff" is

o  ApplixWare office suite for Linux (v. 4.4.1).  Complete package, CD &
   full documentation.
o  SUSE Linux Office 99 (office suite -- rebranded ApplixWare 4.4.1 plus
   some other stuff).  Again, complete CD & documentation package.
o  QuickNet Technologies "Internet PhoneJACk" PCI VOIP card
   (http://www.quicknet.net/products/ipj.htm).  Again, boxed as new.
o  An 8-port 10Mbps ethernet hub
o  Several 68pin SCSI drives, capacity 1-2GB (all tested good).
o  A PC case fan on swivel mounts that you put in any PCI slot to
   improve internal air circulation.

As you'll see from the photos, we had a good portion of the O'Reilly &
Associates book catalogue covered, among other things.