[conspire] question about EIDE ATA hard drive to buy

David E. Fox dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com
Wed Dec 20 19:28:17 PST 2006

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 02:59:12 -0800
Mark S Bilk <mark at cosmicpenguin.com> wrote:

> Seagate even prints on the box that the drive is Linux compatible,
> which I think all EIDE, SATA, and SCSI drives are anyhow (if the

Hmm. FWIW, when I bought my more or less working (so it has a couple
of bad sectors, but it's been in use since *1996* Maxtor) at Fry's,
I distinctly recall the packaging saying "Requires MS Windows" :(.

Which is sort of like an electric alarm clock package saying "Requires
PG & E brand electricity".

dfox at tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.