[conspire] conspire Digest, Vol 43, Issue 9

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Dec 6 17:02:42 PST 2006

> Don't take this the wrong way, but it seems to me that the popularity of
> that page serves as yet another rather plausible explanation for why there
> are people who are aware of Linux who insist on using only Windows.
>
> The world can be quite easily divided up into like-minded groups of people
> based solely on their attitude toward the fact that some people use
> Windows and some don't. There are no right or wrong attitudes toward this
> fact, but there are good and bad ones. At least I hope there are good ones...

I know guys who own British sports cars.  Those are the guys who
have oil all over their driveways, their clutches disassembled on
weekends, and the electrical harnesess by Lucas Electric ("Lucas, the
prince of darkness") festooned all over their garages.

However, the world of automobiles is not parasitically encumbered by
Austin-Healey and Lucas Electric preloads.  Guys who own MG-TCs don't
try to shanghai me to help them, free of charge, debug their
carburetors every week.  And corporate America isn't overloaded with
consultants pimping for the British Leyland business monopoly.

Nor -- getting straight to the point -- do I have people like you
telling me that bad attitudes like mine are why so few people share my
liking for Saturns and Hondas.

So, I have to wonder, are you just feeling cranky today, and trying to
invent bizarre objections to other people's creations?  Because what you
write (above) would seem strangely illogical as a comment on Don's page.